XDR sometimes blocks the use of left mouse clicks on Windows Start Menu

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XDR sometimes blocks the use of left mouse clicks on Windows Start Menu

L0 Member

We've deployed the Cortex XDR agent version 7.1.2 to 50-60 end-user machines so far. 2 users have reported the agent has stopped the use of left mouse clicks on the Windows Start Menu and Search Box. Right mouse clicks work fine. As soon as we removed the agent from those machines the Start Menu and Search Box started to work with left mouse clicks.

We've put our full deployment of the Cortex XDR agent on hold for the moment until we can find a fix.

Have anyone had a similar issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

This does not seem to be issue with the Agent. I would investigate what's going on on those specific endpoints.

1. Were you able to see any alerts / logs on Cortex XDR interface when this issues occurred?

2. Are these endpoints running the same Windows version (KB) as all other Windows machines?

3. Maybe there are some drivers installed on those two machines that intervene with Cortex XDR Agent?

4. Did you try to reboot the machines once you installed the Agent?

5. I am sure you checked, but I'll ask, have you checked whether there is any incompatible software installed on the machines?

6. You could also create a special policy, where profiles would be very mild towards Blocking the processes. Be sure to apply the policy only to the two endpoints and put the priority over other policies, by re-ordering it. If this eliminates the problem, we'd know that some protection module is intervening. You could start then detecting which one (1-by-1 elimination) and once you know which one it is, you could find out which file, driver, etc. caused it.

Finally, by now you perhaps already know, there agent version 7.2. available, which you can try as last result. 

So this is happening to me too and it has to be XDR related as it stops happening once the agent is removed.

Will report as a bug

• 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!