Cortex XDR Incident

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR Incident

L0 Member

Hello everyone, we started dealing with Cortex XDR and after getting the furst Incident, I am kinda lost. I am not even sure whats the issue, there is a lot of "information" on the management console. For example, the Incident, under "Key Assets & Artifacts" shows conhost.exe and powershell.exe with WF verdict, benign in this case, however, when I go to "Alerts & Insights" it shows Category: Malware, and Action: Prevented (Blocked). Im not even sure what happened. I understand than my confusion is due to the lack of knowledge about Cortex. But Im looking for some recomendations in how to approach an Incident investigation, if someone could help somehow, I really appreciate that. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi,

Is this about the XSOAR and cortex XDR integration?

If so from the analyst perspective these pointers will be helpful

• Its always better to do the investigation from the XDR itself for high and critical incidents
  • If this is an everyday incident lets say cracked file download, PUP I suggest automating the whole thing using the indicator reputation(VT, Xforce) so your analysts can focus on what matters.
  • Even the incidents that cannot be fully automated, you can extract the indicators and run them through the TI services to save some time for the analyst and automate the incident assignment.
  • Moreover if the incident needs to be raised, you can use XSOAR to automate ticketing process
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!