How to run and or use HelloWorld Integration?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to run and or use HelloWorld Integration?

L3 Networker

Hello all,

Fresh install of XSOAR onto Ubuntu, all went well. I a trying to run the HelloWorld integration but I keep getting the error:

Failed to execute test-module command. Error: Verify that the server URL parameter is correct and that you have access to the server from your host. Error Type: <requests.exceptions.ConnectionError> Error Number: [None] Message: None (85)

Not sure why however the site: https://soar.monstersofhack.com appears down? Is there something else we should be using?

Cheers - Geoff

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi Geoff, that error is due to that site being unreachable. I checked on my end and wasn't able to reach the site as well so it seems like the site is truly down. I'm not sure if it is temporary or if it is permanently down.

L2 Linker

Same here, with 503 Service Unavailable code. 
So what's the purpose of HelloWorld when we can't use it?!?🙄

Hey there, I have moved on since this occurred. I am actually now using some other integrations for this purpose.

Try some of these ones:

VirusTotal (API v3) (Partner Contribution) useful to get more info on files/url's etc
- urlscan.io (Partner Contribution) - same as above
- OnboardingIntegration - Enables phishing classifier and adds dummy incidents
- Sample Incident Generator - Similar as above. This will give you dummy incidents to play with.

Any help or questions let me know, happy to help!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!