Is it possible to use nested variables in XSOAR?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is it possible to use nested variables in XSOAR?

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

A customer of ours is trying a curious thing and I am not sure if it is possible in general, so I guessed the best way would be to ask right away. Our customer created a XSOAR list, that contains a html string with context data variables in it, like ${testinput}.

In a playbook with test incidents he has set the key (e.g. ${testinput} = "test"). Now he tries to call the list as a variable in a task (${list.mylist}) and send the html body from the list as a mail, in which the variables (like ${testinput}) would be interpreted and sent out as the value of the key. So the receiver would get a mail with "test" in the mailbody, not "${testinput}". In this scenario, the mail will always be filled with "${testinput}".

My question in general is: Is it possible at all to make XSOAR interpret nested variables as the context value, like in this example? Or will XSOAR always interpret the top level variable as a pure string, so that the lower level variables won't be interpreted.

Thanks for your time and work. I am very curious about your answer to my question.

Kindly,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi,
Yes, it is possible with a use of an automation created exactly for it, please review "CreateEmailHtmlBody",
thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi,
Yes, it is possible with a use of an automation created exactly for it, please review "CreateEmailHtmlBody",
thanks

Hi,

thanks! Exactly what we need.

Take care.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!