Notify user by Microsoft Teams from XSOAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Notify user by Microsoft Teams from XSOAR

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I'd like to send direct messages using Microsoft Teams from XSOAR. No command was found inside Microsoft Teams integration to do it. Do you know how can create this feature?

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Hey @Josep,

There are two commands that can be used for sending messages from XSOAR to Teams:

The Microsoft Teams integration has the send-notification command for sending messages to channels, teams, or specific users.

And there's also the script MicrosoftTeamsAsk, which sends a team member or channel a question with predefined response options on Microsoft Teams.

Let me know if perhaps I misunderstood your question.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's quite clear, it's just to send direct messages using a kind of bot to users from XSOAR.

L2 Linker

You are welcome.

So in that case, once you configure the Bot and get the integration working use the send-notification command as described in the linked URL.

Full Teams documentation for reference: https://xsoar.pan.dev/docs/reference/integrations/microsoft-teams

L1 Bithead

If you don't want to set up bots in the respectable Teams channel, you can also extract the email address for the Teams channel in question, and use an XSOAR playbook to send emails to that given address. However, this is not a suitable way to do two-way communication, as you cannot reply to the particular post with the same mail address.

Does the MicrosoftTeamsAsk script actually work? I couldn't find any way of getting/using the responses. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!