"Enable pagination" for table widgets on dashboards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"Enable pagination" for table widgets on dashboards

L1 Bithead

Ticking the box in the widget 'Operations' tab and selecting how many rows to show per page doesn't appear to do anything.  The table always says "Showing Total 279 results sorted by: Id" and there are no page navigation buttons anywhere.  Has anyone else used this feature successfully?  Tried Chrome and Edge in case it was a browser issue, with same results.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

It must be our instance (or our browser/proxy settings) then.  I am scrolled all the way to the bottom;  Both scroll bars will not go any more even though there is still content below to be displayed.  My only recourse is to pick a number of rows and corresponding widget size that result in only the dashboard scroll bar and not a widget scroll bar.  Widget scrolling does not work in our environment, for whatever reason.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi @Jeff.McGurk, Could check that you enabled this correctly. Screenshots below of it working. Start over by creating a new dashboard and widget. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.41.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.42.07 am.png

Thank you @jfernandes1.

Playing around with it some more it appears to be a function of screen real estate.  The number of rows you set it to needs to fit inside the widget container completely without scroll bars.  If I set it to 45 per page and the maximum widget size then the bottom gets cut off including the page navigation and part of a row (see "45-page.png").  The maximum widget size seems to be 44 rows (and you still lose the navigation buttons) or 43 rows with navigation.  On my monitor, at 100% zoom, the most I can fit in properly is around 22 rows.  If I set it to 20 (see "20-page.png") then everything displays perfectly.

L4 Transporter

Hi @Jeff.McGurk, seems to work for me. I tired 45 and 60 per page. I extended the widget to the end of the page. 

From the screenshot in 45, it looks like you've not scrolled till the bottom. There are 2 scroll bars, one for the widget and the other for the dashboard. You can try adding a "Page Break" widget at the end, it might help. 

It must be our instance (or our browser/proxy settings) then.  I am scrolled all the way to the bottom;  Both scroll bars will not go any more even though there is still content below to be displayed.  My only recourse is to pick a number of rows and corresponding widget size that result in only the dashboard scroll bar and not a widget scroll bar.  Widget scrolling does not work in our environment, for whatever reason.

Thank you for your help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!