Sending only one email for an Ask Task

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Sending only one email for an Ask Task

L3 Networker

Hello, I am attempting to configure an Ask Task to send one email only with no retries and an end by SLA condition. I have implemented the settings to no retries (default) and to end the task upon SLA Breach 6 hours. Once saving the playbook I see that the  SLA Breach setting is returned to original state without being marked. This is a relatively simple function that I require yet XSOAR is not delivering on this feature. Does anyone know why this happens and what is recommended for a single email to be sent ?

Cortex XSOAR 

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hi,

Maybe you can try timing tab to set retries 0 instead of Advanced tab.

MKececioglu_0-1656939044382.png

MKececioglu_1-1656939097699.png

As I have outlined in the Question, i have set the amount to 0 and have checked the "Complete task as :No"

Once saving the playbook the setting is returned to default when reentering the playbook. 

L4 Transporter

Hi @michaelsysec242, hmm not seen this issue before.I assume you set the task like the below screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.28.35 am.png

From what you said, the settings are not sticking after you save the playbook. Could you send me the screenshot of your task setting, same as above. Also, could you try setting this task in a new playbook and let me know if that works. 

I've also attached a playbook I created with the above settings, please upload and let me know if it sticks on your server. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!