cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Troubleshooting an XSOAR 8 on-prem installation

L1 Bithead

Hi team,

I wanted to see if there is any way to troubleshoot or view debug output/logs in XSOAR 8 on-prem? 

I have not had much luck getting the OVA version fo deploy successfully, let alone completing the install and accessing a functional UI. I am persistently stuck at an NGINX screen trying to access the FQDN, but have no way to look at logs to see what is failing. The "viewer" account doesn't have permission to /var/log files, and I don't see a way to troubleshoot this using the OOB admin account.

Are there any guides for XSOAR 8 on-prem troubleshooting? 

Unix is user friendly, it is just picky who its friends are.
2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi @Josh_Levine 
Is the On-Prem XSOAR 8 installation successful?
To view the logs, you can go to to Textual user interface. 
The interface will be having various options including Log bundle and Logs.
You may refer the article in which you will see Task 7. Install Cortex XSOAR and Item 3 Select Install.

Here it shows how the TUI looks like.
To view the logs, you need to select the View logs option and to generate log bundle select log bundle option.
If you click on log bundle, a log file will be created and the path will be shown from which you can access the logs to continue troubleshooting.

I hope that answers your query on how you can view the logs on XSOAR 8 On-Prem.
Please mark this as answer if it helps to address your concerns.

Regards

L1 Bithead

Also, is there a breakdown of what each log file is used for or what data it contains?

Unix is user friendly, it is just picky who its friends are.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!