Upgrade Community Edition XSOAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade Community Edition XSOAR

L4 Transporter

Hi 

Is anybody able to help me with upgrading my community edition of XSOAR ? I can't seem to find any reference to the original download and so the token element to the script is missing, am I able to register again for it ?

Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

this is the page
https://start.paloaltonetworks.com/sign-up-for-community-edition.html

on the right side, there should be fields to fill to request the Community Edition
maybe try to open it in an incognito browser window

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L0 Member

Hey Laurence,

did you find out, how to upgrade?

I'm having the same issue.. just found the instructions, but I cnanot find the DownloadLink..

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xsoar/6-0/cortex-xsoar-admin/installation/upgrade-th...

Hi

The update procedure is quite straightforward to be honest the problem seems to be that the link requires a token to get the new script to download, I did originally upgrade by requesting another demo from demisto, problem is that the mechanism to request this has now changed and it is not as easy to get the download link, it is a shame that there does not appear to be an easy way to upgrade the community edition, as it kind of negates the use of having a community edition in the first place.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L2 Linker

You should be able to use the original download link that you used initially to get the latest GA version - the download link always point to the latest published GA version

Give it a try and let us know if that works for you

Hi @OriNahir 

Unfortunately I have lost the original link, it was a schoolboy error I am afraid, it was embedded in a script on the first instance I built, then I tore it down when the VMware host it was on started to have some issues, I do not seem to be able to locate it again

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

No worries, please sign up for Community Edition again, you'll get another download link

L4 Transporter

I seem to be missing something here, there used to be a page where you could sign up for XSOAR and when you were approved you were emailed a link to download it from, however unless I am going insane I don't seem to be able to get back to this, the only page I can has only a link to an email address on it, is this the correct one ?

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

this is the page
https://start.paloaltonetworks.com/sign-up-for-community-edition.html

on the right side, there should be fields to fill to request the Community Edition
maybe try to open it in an incognito browser window

L4 Transporter

thank you for that, I did the incognito thing and the boxes popped up ! am on my way to updating now.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L0 Member

@laurence64 Could you please share with me the way to upgrade from version 6.2.0 to 6.5 as I didnt get from the above

Hi @AhmedEhab 

Sure, basically once you have the script with the token (which I obtained by registering again for XSOAR) you go through the same steps as for installing in the first instance, the script will recognise that there is already and installation and ask if you want to upgrade, you select yes and it will complete the upgrade for you.

I do have some tutorials on my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hGoWkxohyb1eb-UleVuaQ for XSOAR and I am adding them on a regular basis if you have time stop by and have a look.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!