Convert ScreenOS Multicast static route to PaloAlto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Convert ScreenOS Multicast static route to PaloAlto

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

i'm finally converting an old Juniper ScreenOS firewall to a PaloAlto firewall (5020). I have some problem to understand how to convert some Multicast static Routes.

On screen os i have this specific entry for ex:

GUI:

Type: Static, Forwarding

Source IP: 192.168.100.126

Mgroup: 239.0.0.2

Incoming Interface: eth3/6.3

Outgoing interface: eth3/6.2

cli:

set mroute mgroup 239.0.0.2 source 192.168.100.126 iif ethernet3/6.3 oif ethernet3/6.2

Multicast policy:

Source:12

Destination: empty

Bidirectional: yes

set access-list 12
set access-list 12 permit ip 239.0.0.2/32 10
set access-list 12 permit ip 239.0.0.3/32 20

Can you help me how to configure this on PaloAlto?

Thnxxx a lot

Gianpiero

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Recently we faced a similar scenario where multicast routes need to be converted to Palo Alto format. For Juniper ScreenOS firewall to a PaloAlto firewall (5200) series conversion.

Only relevant article we could find:

How to Facilitate Multicast Routing when only One Palo Alto Net... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Here is cli o/p:
set mroute multiple-iif-enable
set mroute mgroup 200.X.X.X source 0.0.0.0 iif aggregate2 oif aggregate1

Can Palo Alto please reply?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!