Need to Create custom signature for the nxdomain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need to Create custom signature for the nxdomain

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I need to create custom signature for the dns traffic.

what is want is if dns query is about nxdomain then PA should drop it.

Is this possible to config in PA?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah I see. PA do have capability of blocking DNS queries for given name. But I don't think PA have capability of blocking nxdomain as PA will not have any prior knowledge of existent or non-existent status.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Is your ask is to block DNS query traffic of specific hostname (nslookup hostname)? If yes, then it is possible to do it with PA. Let me know if my understanding is correct.

I have name server and I see so many queries to the domain names that do not exist.

So i need to know if i can create custom signature for nxdomains

MP

Ah I see. PA do have capability of blocking DNS queries for given name. But I don't think PA have capability of blocking nxdomain as PA will not have any prior knowledge of existent or non-existent status.

Thanks for answering my question.

MP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!