Address Objects not displayed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Address Objects not displayed

L1 Bithead

Hi,

After importing a ScreenOS configuration into Expedition 1.1.12, the dashboard shows 584 Addresses in Project Statistics.

But when going to Objects -> Address, only "No Address" is displayed in the left pane (despite I have "No Filters").

Does someone know what's wrong ?

Regards

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Forget about that, it was probably an encoding problem of the ScreenOS config file. The former config file was encoded in Windows-1252 (CP1252).

I have downloaded a new config file from the NetScreen, converted it to UTF-8 encoding and re-imported in Expedition, no more problems showing Addresses...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

in the lower right hand corner, you will want to choose the "vsys 1" or "all" option along with the config file. 

Thank you for your reply, already did it, but it does not solve the problem.

Thus I think I have found a begining of solution : some object names in my screenOS configuration file contains accented characters like "é è à ç..." (those are french words). I have substituted these characters in object names with their unaccented equivalent "e e a c...", then after reimporting the configuration file to a new project the dashboard now shoes 714 Address objects, and Adresses are listed in the Objects -> Address pane.

But when browsing all the Adresses objects list, at some page the pane becomes empty and the object count is reset to 0. Reloading the Objects -> Address pane and the Address objects reappears...

Seems like encoding problem regarding the configuration file, I am going to investigate further...

Does anybody know what are naming rules for Address objects (and perhaps other objects too) in PanOS ?

Forget about that, it was probably an encoding problem of the ScreenOS config file. The former config file was encoded in Windows-1252 (CP1252).

I have downloaded a new config file from the NetScreen, converted it to UTF-8 encoding and re-imported in Expedition, no more problems showing Addresses...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!