Bug with Expedition UI when using Chrome

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bug with Expedition UI when using Chrome

L1 Bithead

I have run into a bug that seems to have come along in hotfix 1.64 back in June. In Chrome when working in a project.

Software versions

Version 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (arm64)

Expedition 1.65

Client PC Apple MAC M2 Ultra Ventura 13.4.1c

When in a project under network, the VPN tab, the navigation buttons on the left side disappear. See attached screenshot.

The network profiles and IP sec tunnels tabs are missing on the left.

Not sure if this is a browser or expedition bug. Firefox works correctly.

crose_mcnc_0-1689637234425.png

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

@crose_mcnc I am on v1.2.65 with chrome, can not reproduce the issues you have, could you please try to reboot the VM, and try open the browser in Incognito mode . 

L1 Bithead

Certainly. I get the exact same thing. I tried clearing cache and the usual browser tricks. Same thing.

crose_mcnc_0-1689638252955.png

Firefox it works great.

Are you using Chrome for ARM for Mac? I suspect it's the ARM version of chrome. I love the Mac M2 Ultra. its a speed demon, but the ARM software doesn't seem to be as fully baked as the X86 code. As an example I cna't run expedition in an Ubuntu Server ARM Parallels VM either. (No arm binaries. Not going to try to hack the Apple linux "Rosetta" module into it in a custom hack job either lol)

I am not using chrome for ARM , just regular chrome on intel mac.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!