Check Point R80.30 In-line layers conversion

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Check Point R80.30 In-line layers conversion

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm stumbeling upon an issue while importing a CP R80.30 configuration, exported with the github script. When I import the config in expedition (1.1.70), it only seems to import the parent rules for the in-line layers and not its members:

CP Layers.png

as you can see, there is a management section (5 rules) with no in-line layer. These rules get converted fine. For the other sections (outside, external dmz, internal dmz) the expedition tool only converts the "parent rule for ..." and nothing below them.

Migration tool results.png

I extracted the obtained .tar.gz files and validated the info for these rules is there in separate HTML&JSON files. Am I missing something in the import process or is this a bug/feature request?

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

I would like to gather some more information about this case.

Did you get them imported as different VSYS?

I'm not even sure how I would do that -I just imported the tar.gz as CP file within the migration tool. It did create a separate 'vsys' or template (expedition bottom right) for the application and FW/security layers. Within the FW/security layer these rules cannot be found. I can provide the source file in this specific case directly though if that would be prefered.

Thanks, that would be good to check the issue source.

Please, send us the source file to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com 

Regarding the VSYS, I meant if the tool created those for you and placed the config inside.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!