CISCO ASA to Palo Alto 1 to 1 problems in Expedition network generation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CISCO ASA to Palo Alto 1 to 1 problems in Expedition network generation

L1 Bithead

I have a aging and failing Cisco ASA which I'm planning to replace with a Palo Alto PA220.  I've downloaded the Expedition OVA and have it running.  I've uploaded the ASA config, get the data presented, however it is not showing network config from the ASA.  I'm new to Palo, not sure how to resolve this and am looking for assistance in both Expedition and the Palo config in order to get the ASA replaced. 

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

@alandre-admin OVA is legacy , I would suggest you install the ubuntu 20 and run the installer on top of it. It should import the layer 3 interface and static route info from your asa config .  Please refer  the below installation guide for more detail.  

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/expedition-documentation/ta-p/215619?attach... 

Also we have a tutorial video for ASA migration , please refer to the video playlist here:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqVez8EBeoyRsnQcKTA5FuZ- 

Thanks Lychiang,

Having this tool function is going to be important for the company as we start to replace the other ASAs and Fortinets. 

-Anthony

Well, I wish I could say that the problem was resolved, however it seems worse now.  The updated software is not seeing many of the objects in the ASA config.  Open to trying other tricks that might be helpful.  Also open to anyone else wanting to give it a go? Maybe?

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!