Cleaning config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Cleaning config

L2 Linker

Im wondering if there is a way to merge a config iv cleaned for duplicates and unused objects, while keeping the the changes that done after

i exported my Panorama config.

The problem is that we have many users working all hours of the day and there are many changes pr day. So i cant export a config, use a week to clean it, and then import it to Panorama again. Ill lose a week of production..

Best Regards, Marius

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi @149999mah3 We don't recommend merging two panorama config since it will  create more duplicated objects, I would suggest you started with changes per device group , and so when you export the config from Expedition and load the config back to Panorama, you only do partial load on the device group you made changes, and it won't impact other production config at all. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi @149999mah3 We don't recommend merging two panorama config since it will  create more duplicated objects, I would suggest you started with changes per device group , and so when you export the config from Expedition and load the config back to Panorama, you only do partial load on the device group you made changes, and it won't impact other production config at all. 

So, export the whole Panorama config. Then pick a devicegroup in the rolldown menu down in the right corner and edit that.

Then import the config back into Panorama, but only load the the edited devicegroup?

One issue is shared objects, we have alot of shared objects. If i edit one devicegroup and one template. I will remove unused shared objects as well wont i?

Sorry, iv never used expedition like this before.

/Marius

If you only edit device group level objects and policy, it should not impact the shared object , only when you edit the objects under shared , then it will.  If you edit objects in shared, you can select to load objects in shared as well, but you will also load policies for all other device groups due to the shared objets changed. 

Thanks alot for the information.

/Marius

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!