deleting disabled policies from expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

deleting disabled policies from expedition

L3 Networker

Hi,

I was trying to use Expedition tool to clean up the rulebase by using the predefined filter "disabled security policies"

The filter only displays these policies, but how can you push these changes to the actual firewall?

If you make use of the API output manager it's not pushing these changes?

I was making use of the subatomic "XML-API call"

I was having the same thing if you clean up the unused objects, if you clean them up in Expedition, how do you get them in the firewall/panorama if you make use of API-Calls?

I'm guessing if you would use the XML, export it and load it as you config, then it should work?

Kind regards,

Gerrit

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

I have been doing similar work by doing a partial config import of the x-path you want to pull in.  

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClbLCAS

You can find the x-path in Expedition.  After you remove unused objects, for example, and go to 'export' and api output manager tab.  generate an atomic API request then you'll see the x-paths.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!