Duplicate Address Objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Duplicate Address Objects

L3 Networker

I have some large Cisco ASA 9.8 configs which I'm convering in Expedtion 1.0.104.  I always seem to get many duplicate host objects which Expedition automatically creates.  For example, object host 10.1.1.1 becomes H-10.1.1.1-32 with the value 10.1.1.1/32.  I select the duplicate object and do a "Search and Replace".  Once filtered, all the objects are green and in use.  So I have to pick one, select to replace them, choose the Address object, then the host entry created by Expedition (H-10.1.1.1-32).  Once I do that, one of the two duplicate objects becomes unused (red dot) and I can delete it.  This can be very time consuming when several objects are duplicated.

1. Why does this happen?  Is there anything in the ASA config I can modify to fix this before importing.

2. Is there a way to fix this by using regex or some other way?

Thank you in advance,

Bob

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you see there is a right-click button on the address view that allows you to merge all the duplicated objects by name and value in one sec?

Are you using 1.0.105 right?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

Over the weekend I did this import in MT3 and it did not have any duplicate IP addresses.  I don't think I can continue to use Expedition if it going to add several hours of work by fixing duplicate IP address objects.

Secondly, for some reason the L4 ports are translated differently.  For example in MT3 tcp/8443 is "tcp-8443".  In Expedition it is "tcp_8443".  Why? 

Did you see there is a right-click button on the address view that allows you to merge all the duplicated objects by name and value in one sec?

Are you using 1.0.105 right?

I was in 1.0.104 when you gave me that tip.  It didn't merge them all in one shot, but I was able to pick each pair and marge them.  It took about two hours but it was still much faster than search+replace.  

I now have 1.0.105 and I can go back to a snapshot before the duplicates and see if that works.  I'll follow up on this post.

Thank you,

Bob

I was able to select all the duplicate addresses and merge them in one shot.

Thank you that saved me several hours.

Bob

L0 Member

I want to remove duplicate addresses in panorama using expedition. I couldn't find any article.

Can someone please help me.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!