Expedition Migration Logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Migration Logs

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone,

I am new to using Expedition and have a question regarding the Migration Logs (generated automatically by Expedition), upon analyzing the imported running-config from my cisco asa, Under Task: NAT Analysis - Under Action - it saying No Action Required. Suggestions to review and/or remove. If partial matching, you may consider split the security rule.  What does this mean? Is it ok to just leave what Expedition found during analysis (without editing and or revising). Does this mean it corrected whatever NAT issue it finds during analysis? Please let me know your thought on this.  Thank you.

Chie

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello @chielazo_amcn 

Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

L1 Bithead

Hello azuniga,

Thanks for your response, as requested - below Expedition Migration Logs.Expedition migration Logs.JPG

Hello Azuniga,

Thanks for your response - as requested, below is the Migration Logs generated automatically by Expedition during cisco asa running-config analysis.

Expedition migration Logs.JPG

Hello @chielazo_amcn 

That means your NAT rules and policy based rules have different IP ranges and it is asking you to review them, this shouldn't prevent you from the migration however they might be overly permissive. NAT Rule (number) indicates which NAT rules these are so I would just compare them with the existing policy rules you have.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!