Expedition Stuck at Phase 9 of 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Stuck at Phase 9 of 10

L3 Networker

Migrating a Checkpoint R8.3 and having issues getting stuck at Phase 9 of 10 Calulating Security Rules Zones based on NAT rules, static Routes and Interfaces. If I do not include the routes everything works fine. I have verfied the netstat -nr is correct.

PCNSC, PCNSE
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

So, it is not stuck, but it is still calculating.

Think that we would have to identify involved NATs for all address objects in a security rule and calcualte, based on the routing table, the interfaces that would be involved and the zones that would be hit.

So, this calculation takes a while and in your case, it is still ongoing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Hi @Gene_Barden 

What version of Expedition you are running? If it's not the latest version v.1.1.76.1 .  Please try to upgrade it to the latest version and try again.. Thank you!

I am running the latest version v.1.1.76.1. I just upgraded prior to uploading.

PCNSC, PCNSE

While being stuck, check if you got any error in the file /tmp/error via CLI.

Also you could check via the top command if the mysql or PHP processes are consuming CPU. Calculating routes for the zones can be consuming depending on the policy you have. Obviously, if there is no route information, the calculations are faster but may not be good as information would be missing.

The php process is at 100%

PCNSC, PCNSE

So, it is not stuck, but it is still calculating.

Think that we would have to identify involved NATs for all address objects in a security rule and calcualte, based on the routing table, the interfaces that would be involved and the zones that would be hit.

So, this calculation takes a while and in your case, it is still ongoing.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!