Feature Request NOT in Filters

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request NOT in Filters

L2 Linker

Some of the predifined filters are great, Show Duplicate Names and Values is great for identifying duplicate objects to be deleted (or merged).  Show Duplicate Names is great for identifying objects that need more investigation.

When you are working with Panorama it is common to have Duplicate Names as objects will exist in different device groups including shared generally this is fine and wont impact anything if pushed to the device providing the values are the same.

However usually if I want to identify potential issues I need to see Duplicate Names and NOT Duplicate Names and Values.  These will show only the duplicate objects the don't have duplicate values.

As an example if I have 1655 duplicate names and 1660 duplicate names and values I only need to worry about 5 objects but how can you identify just those 5 objects.

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

You are right.

We have a FR for this imrplementation, but we do not have it in the short time plans as all the calculations it would imply, but it will arrive.

I wonder, if the feature for adding NOT logic to the Filters is complicated, would a simpler request be to add a predifined filter that is "Duplicate Addresses NOT with Duplicate Values" for the interim period?

Please, make this request to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com so my colleagues take a note on it.

With some luck, we can get it into the set of new features during the coming 7 days.

Best

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!