Migrating from Cisco ASA to PA-820

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrating from Cisco ASA to PA-820

L0 Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on this community and to PA products, I have worked with Cisco ASA5512 with Firepower services and I am working to replace it with PA-820 devices, I would like to get your advice since I have some questions:

1. The migration tool, is it useful or it will work on some of the configuration and other parts will require manual work?

2. will I need a PA partner for the license activation or I can do on my own?

thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Give it a try to check yourself, it doesn't take long to see the result of a migration.

The tool is free to download and it is not tight to a license, but if you face issues, you can either contact us or talk to a support via PS or a PA partner.

The Cisco ASA supports objects, security rules, nat rules, VPN rules, network config, ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!