Palo Alto Expedition 1.2.46 move virtual router to different vsys

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Expedition 1.2.46 move virtual router to different vsys

L1 Bithead

How can you move a virtual router to a different vsys?

I imported the config of my Panorama with 3 different vsys.

Now I import the config of my Juniper SRX firewall and want to assign my virtual router to vsys3, there is no button to change it to vsys3?

It puts it default in vsys1, I can also not change it by the export tab because in the network there are no vsys? Only in the device group I see the different vsys from Panorama.

Please help.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lychiang,

I found a way to change it in Expedition.

After you have merged the config, select Device -> Virtual systems open the PAN_0000xxxxxxxx.xml and there you can add the virtual systems and interfaces to the correct vsys!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi @dvanselst If you are merging with panorama base config , you can create a new template for this juniper migration, and drag and drop the network section from left to right and drop it on to "network" folder of the template as shown in the below screenshot.   Once the merged config is loaded in the panorama , you can then change the vsys in the template. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.14.06 AM.png

Hi @lychiang, so if I understand correctly you can't change the vsys in Expedition and has to be done from Panorama?

So I have to migrate everything to vsys1 in Expedition, import the config in Panorama, import the config back in Expedition and then change the vsys in the template?

Thanks for your reply!

Hi @dvanselst , yes, don't change vsys name in expedition , please change it at panorama template . 

Hi @lychiang,

I found a way to change it in Expedition.

After you have merged the config, select Device -> Virtual systems open the PAN_0000xxxxxxxx.xml and there you can add the virtual systems and interfaces to the correct vsys!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!