"Remote Exception" when opening the Devices tab or importing config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"Remote Exception" when opening the Devices tab or importing config

L0 Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to use Expedition against a VM-Panorama (running v8.1.2). Only one Panorama, no other devices. A few weeks ago it was working fine but now when I use it I get the Loading spinner for a while followed by a rather informative error shown below.  This occurs when I click away from the Devices tab and then back to it. 

Capture.PNG

I have completely removed the panorama device from the Devices tab and re-added it. It seemed to authenticate and pull down the running config okay, but after clicking save I got the same error again.  And now it's been removed and re-added, if I click away and back to the tab, I get the exception error and then no devices anymore.

There are no errors on the dashboard apart from one about php reconnecting to mariadb if lost and one about machine learning (which I dont plan on using), and nothing I can see in the audit logs. Any help appreciated..

Edit: I loaded a fresh image of expedition, updated it to 1.0.101 and am using that to authenticate just fine so must have been a bug.  PS - Can somebody please add the upgrade instructions to the Admin or user guides to make it easier to find? Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

That is a bug with 1.0.90, 1.0.91 appears to have fixed it 

source reference;

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Discussions/error-when-adding-device/m-p/218771#M131

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!