Stuck Processing Calculate Unused Objects (88% completed)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Stuck Processing Calculate Unused Objects (88% completed)

L2 Linker

Hello all,

I've been using Expedition without issue for months but today after I upgraded to v1.1.94 I'm running into an issue in all my Expedition projects where if I click Objects menu within any project Expedition automatically pops up the message that it is Processing: Calculate Unused Objects (88% completed).

HowsThisWork_0-1615576257294.png

Normally this would only last a few seconds or a few minutes depending on if I had already removed unused objects in my project but now it never finishes, even after waiting 30 minutes. Also the Dashboard is showing that all of my objects are unused but I know almost 100% of the objects in my project are in use.

Based on top output from the cli I don't think Expedition is even processing anything.

HowsThisWork_1-1615576509910.png

I've downgraded Expedition to v.1.1.93 but the issue still remains.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

looks like v1.1.94.1 has just come out, just going to upgrade and check this bug is fixed!

Edit- looks like its fixed- thanks Palo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

Hi @HowsThisWork ,

Could you please try to adjust the "PARSER_max_execution_memory" to a higher value based on the amount of the memory in Expedition.  Step is described in the below article:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/import-configuration-process-stuck-due-to-m...

Hello @lychiang ,

Following your suggestion I increased the "PARSER_max_execution_memory" value to 7G, max available to the VM is 8G. The issue seemed to continue so I rebooted Expedition and verified the value was still at 7G and the issue persists. I upgraded back to v1.1.94 and the issue seems to persist.

@HowsThisWork  I experienced the same issue in v1.1.94 as you mentioned. Let me open a case with our developer team. Will provide update next week.  Thank you!

@lychiang 

Any suggestion on how to get it working properly after downgrading to v1.1.93?

@HowsThisWork  Let it run for a while, more than 45mins and the old tasks will eventually timeout, you will be able to go back to the objects tab, in v1.1.93 , I verified that I am able to click on calculate unused object again after the old tasks timeout. 

L0 Member

looks like v1.1.94.1 has just come out, just going to upgrade and check this bug is fixed!

Edit- looks like its fixed- thanks Palo!

Thanks for reporting it!

Otherwise it would have taken longer to fix.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!