Unable to generate XML, set, API, migration files. Progress bar freezes.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to generate XML, set, API, migration files. Progress bar freezes.

L2 Linker

Anyone else experiencing an issue after exporting, merging and making final corrections to Base Config Output with Generating XML config files?  Progress bar freezes at Generating Profiles.  All other projects show "initializing" in the progress bar.  Thought it might relate to release note MT-1573. If so, is there an ETA on an update with the fix?

Expedition VM. Upgraded 2019-11-21

Ver       =          1.1.49

Spark    =          0.1.3-h2

BP        =          3.21.3

Release Notes:

Version 1.1.49

Date 19/11/2019

Bug

• [MT-1573] - Generate XML: error when generated zones
  • [MT-1578] - Autoprocess. Does not process the logs from all the devices
  • [MT-1579] - Calculated Used/Unused Objects: error when Calculating dynamic groups

Improvement

• [MT-1574] - Monitor. Show all type of monitor entries

clipboard_image_0.png

D. Elliott
4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

it may be a different issue, because the release notes state the issues that we corrected into that release.

Did you make sure that the Task Agent is running in your Expedition?

To analyse further, we may need to more specific information, that could be related in how some objects have been declared in the configurations.

So, it would be good that you contact us via fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com.

thanks for the quick response, My slow reply is due to PTO/holiday.  I've since upgraded to 1.1.50 and added resources but experiencing the same issue.  I'll reach out directly after I finish the Expedition course in LMS and look over object declarations.

D. Elliott

Great.

We will wait for your email.

Maybe they are in Junk/Spam folders.  Here they are posted to this community to help you find them.

Sent: 4 December, 2019 1:25 PM
To: 'fwmigrate' <fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com>
Cc: 'Didac Gil de la Iglesia' <dgildelaig@paloaltonetworks.com>
Subject: RE: from community - "Unable to generate XML, set, API, migration files. Progress bar freezes"

I tried to resolve myself but I can not figure it out.  Would you have time today to take a look?

Sent: 3 December, 2019 11:46 AM
To: fwmigrate <fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com>
Subject: from community - "Unable to generate XML, set, API, migration files. Progress bar freezes"

Follow up communication regarding subj with dgildelaig (L4 Transporter)

I was going to finish the LMS course for now, getting this msg –

"403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.  You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied." 

My partnerNextWave access is good so I think it is something with LMS.

Requesting further analysis on more specific information relating to how some objects have been declared in the configurations.  Let me know the information needed and how to pull it out of Expedition/Ubuntu-Linux and I will provide it. 

I'm not a Linux guru so specific instructions will not insult my intelligence. 😝

D. Elliott
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!