10.0.10 code bug? LDAP auth server is up !!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

10.0.10 code bug? LDAP auth server is up !!!

L2 Linker

Since upgrading to 10.0.10, we've been getting system medium severity messages on our active firewalls that "LDAP auth server xxxx.xxx.xxx is up !!!".  We never receive a down message though.  We're not experiencing any issues with LDAP which makes me think this is a bug false alert.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

9 REPLIES 9

L0 Member

I have the same message with version 10.0.10 but i did can't fix .😪.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@EverMendez,

If you're still running 10.0.10 I would recommend upgrading to 10.0.11. I recall this issue requiring a temporary change to the filter for our log-settings, but I don't recall that exception needing to stay around after installing 10.0.11. I'd highly recommend that you upgrade from 10.0 however since that code branch has hit end-of-life and isn't getting any further development. 

Thanks for your recomendation. I will schedule the upgrade.

Regards,

L2 Linker

Hello everyone! Has this issue been resolved? I am running 10.2.4-h2 but I experienced this error message, Please help

L2 Linker

Likewise, seeing this on my panorama 10.2.5

L4 Transporter

I had a brief conversation about this and was under the impression it would be fixed in 10.2.5 when we updated but I've also having the same log entries repeatedly. I don't have any news on when this will get fixed as I didn't have an official ticket open for it.

L2 Linker

Conversation w/ whom -- PAN support folks?  Did they provide any info on what is causing it?  Is it a totally bogus message or is something untoward going on?

I can confirm we are seeing the log messages in 10.2.5.

It was with PAN support. I was told it can be ignored and is nothing to worry about. We get logs forwarded to us via email and I had to exclude this because of its frequency.

It's showing up now as a known issue for 10.2.5:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-10-2-5-known-and-addressed...

PAN-222418 The firewall intermittently records a reconnection message to the authentication server as an error, even if no disconnection occurs.

• 9 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!