403 Forbidden

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

403 Forbidden

L0 Member

I've run into a strange issue with the following website  https://dvir-prod.aws.drivecam.net. When Users attempt to access it they are getting a 403 Forbidden. I'm not seeing an drops in the logs, and the packet captures don't point to anything either. I have to two 5520's in an HA pair and I forced the Active to Standby in the hops that it might help but no luck. Download the Tech Support file and uploaded it to the case I opened, but I haven't heard back on that. Access the site outside of the Company no issues.

Any help would be greatly apricated. 

Software Version10.1.5-h2
3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Its a permissions issue on the far side, eg not your firewall config.

Regards,

Works fine when I'm not behind the firewall. Spoke to the vendor and asked them if they needed to allow our public NAT address, and I was told no.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@TedHaubein,

Do you see anything with the lytx.com domain on your firewall getting blocked that drives the authentication. @OtakarKlier is correct, the firewall isn't feeding you a 403 error. It could be blocking something with the authentication process however that has the site defaulting to a 403 forbidden error. Assuming you've tried this from multiple different devices/browsers behind the firewall and can rule out a caching issue, look to see if you're blocking anything else related to Lytx.

In situations like this I really recommend fully enabling logging and using a test client to blanket allow all traffic temporarily. If you can access the site perfectly fine under those conditions, you know it's an actual firewall issue and you can use the logs to see what the firewall is actually seeing from the client to narrow things down. More than likely, you're dropping something in the Lytx authentication process; that or this won't work with a blanket allow either and you have something else going on. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!