5220 - HA2 on 10GB Port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

5220 - HA2 on 10GB Port

L2 Linker

My organization purchased two 5220's to run in active/passive HA, but the VAR did not mention needing transceivers/cables for the HSCI ports, or the possibility of needing to use the HSCI ports for HA. I would prefer to not have to wait on a capital expenditure request to put this in production. Would we be fine using CAT6A on the 10GB ports for HA2? We are running a maximum of 60Mbps through our current firewall.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

You don't need to use the HSCI port for HA 2.

You can set any interface you want, embedded copper or the SFP(+) ports,  for "HA" then use that interface for your HA2 config.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

You don't need to use the HSCI port for HA 2.

You can set any interface you want, embedded copper or the SFP(+) ports,  for "HA" then use that interface for your HA2 config.

Hello,

I could be wrong, but I thought the 5220 had 2x HA ports? They both should be rj45.

Is this not correct?

Regards,

It does but the documentation states they are for HA1-A and HA1-B. I suppose you could mix and match and use whichever for whatever, I'm not really sure.

@OtakarKlier,

The two RJ-45 HA ports on a 5220 are dedicated solely for HA1 connections; they cannot be utilized for HA2. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!