About WildFire action

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

About WildFire action

L4 Transporter

when you create a security profile with fordward action against forward and continue

the what is the action ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi,

forward —  The file is automatically sent to WildFire.

continue-and-forward —  A continue page is presented, and the file is sent to WildFire (combines the continue and forward actions).

Note: When you create a file blocking profile with the action continue or continue-and-forward (used for WildFire forwarding), you can only choose the application web-browsing. If you choose any other application, traffic that matches the security policy will not flow through the firewall due to the fact that the users will not be prompted with a continue page.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi,

forward —  The file is automatically sent to WildFire.

continue-and-forward —  A continue page is presented, and the file is sent to WildFire (combines the continue and forward actions).

Note: When you create a file blocking profile with the action continue or continue-and-forward (used for WildFire forwarding), you can only choose the application web-browsing. If you choose any other application, traffic that matches the security policy will not flow through the firewall due to the fact that the users will not be prompted with a continue page.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. However I do have a bit of a funky question.

Let's say I want to do File Blocking on incoming smtp. I'd like to block certain things right away - for example exe's and dll's. The action taken should be "block" in that case.. now, I would also like to upload those things to wildfire to get some insight on the stuff that is trying to crawl in. But when the action is "block" there is nothing sent to WildFire. I guess that's just the way it works, could there be another way to acheive this ?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!