ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

L1 Bithead

Hello, I have a PA-220 with PANOS 10.1.3 installed. I see IPv6 addresses in source/destination IP widget. It started from 10.1.x version

does anybody has the same issue?

RudolfTorvenyi1_0-1636825317441.png

104 REPLIES 104

For P800 also need fix, please do not ignore us

PA800 series is marked as fixed in JIRA for 10.1.4 @Artemiusm 

So the mapping is still intact. If you convert the IPv6 addresses from hex to decimal, you will get the IPv4 correct addresses. This is a rendering bug in the GUI, doesn't affect traffic flow or routing. Any commands to output device/IP mappings from CLI are shown to work for appliances. 

What problem are you trying to solve for? Just ACC tab showing IPv4?

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

L0 Member

Running 10.1.4 and still not resolved.  Very frustrating.

Yes, IPv4 is still incorrectly displayed on the AC tab, and this is not "JUST" a slight inconvenience, our P800 serves more than 500 users and constantly resorting to monipulations to find out from an incomprehensible hex of a normal IP makes it very difficult to work when we should to monitor 24 hours. It all started with the 10th update, disabling ipv6 completely gives nothing.
PLEASE FIX THIS ERROR!

Running 10.1.4 on the PA800 still renders device showing IPv6? That platform is marked as resolved internally. 

@rob.bush is that on a PA220 or 800 as well?

I can't speak to the P800.  I only have the P220 but the way I read it @Artemiusm has the P800 and @rob.bush didn't specify.

I am having the same issue here. Any solution?

Can you include the model and software version you have?

L1 Bithead

Same here. On both devices.

PA - 820 Software Version 10.1.4

PA - 220 Software Version 10.1.4

Any plans to fix this issue?

L5 Sessionator

10.1.4 is marked as fixed for PA820, so that's interesting. Do you have a TAC case open? #?

220 encountered errors but is marked as fixed in 10.2. Which is beta code at the moment, but available through registration here.

(You have to be logged into the support portal first before copy/pasting the link)

That's not to say it isn't slotted for fixing within 10.1.x, but the information on when isn't available to me at this moment. 

I have shipping logs to some other system, so there is no such big thing for me, but when looking at the appliance, then I have problems correlating logs.

No, will open it now.

If you're able to note the PAN-163831 and the other 17xxxx bug in the case notes, that will also allow your engineer to engage the PM owner of that ticket for more timely status update. 

10.1.4 on PA-820 and the bug is still there

have u tried the mentioned beta version ?

I would go with TAC case, first. 

I am running 10.2 beta on my 220s, but those aren't my prod devices. My prod 3220 is still on 10.0.8-h8. 

Since my 220 is a lab device I'm thinking maybe I should update to the beta as well.  @LAYER_8 what are your thoughts on the beta?

• 104 replies
  • 9 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!