ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC shows ipv6 addresses in source/destination IP

L1 Bithead

Hello, I have a PA-220 with PANOS 10.1.3 installed. I see IPv6 addresses in source/destination IP widget. It started from 10.1.x version

does anybody has the same issue?

RudolfTorvenyi1_0-1636825317441.png

104 REPLIES 104

Issue is (mostly) resolved in 10.1.5, if you are on 10.1.4 you are not going to get this solved.

L2 Linker

PA-820, 10.2.1 ACC Tab

time filter 15 minutes-ipv4, everything good always,

time filter 1Hours most common working well but some times I can see still ipv6 or hex or don't know what is that

time filter 6Hours or more always unreachable, never show ipv4.

L2 Linker

Anyone know quick method to convert ACC unreachable IP to normal ipv4? I need to know source address for 6 and more hours.

If it is ::dcdc:43d0:ffff:0

Ignore the :ffff:0

then, 

DC = 220

DC = 220

43 = 67

D0=208

Write it bottom to top, so the actual IP address is: 208.67.220.220

Hope this helps! Lets wait for PaloAlto to release the fix 🙂 Cheers...

L2 Linker

Thank you, but I didn't quite understand, the address should be read from right to left, :ffff:0 ignore, and then from my example it like this
Source ::9f0e:a8c0:ffff:0
:ffff:0 ignored

::9f0e:a8c0 we read in reverse order it turns
out c0a8:0e9f::

and what is this address and how to convert it to ipv4?

I just don't understand from where you know that DC=250

My purpose get correct ipv6 to convert by any converter to ip4 

L2 Linker

Excel:

put the ipv6 rubish to A1

Copy this formula to B1:

=HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A52;":";"");7;2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A52;":";"");5;2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A52;":";"");3;2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A52;":";"");1;2))

Add picture please how it should be

L0 Member

I just updated to version 10.1.5-h1 yesterday and the issue is still present. If I set the ACC to 1 hour then all is good, change it to 6 hours and it goes back to displaying IPv6.

L4 Transporter

Any news on this? I am am running 10.1.4 and it is still an issue.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L1 Bithead

PA-820 10.1.5-h1, same issue.  We just updated to this level and have the same issue.

L4 Transporter

I think I will have to raise a TAC case for this, it was supposed to be fixed in 10.1.4 as far as I remember and so I was waiting to go to 10.1.5 and hope fully get around it, will let you know how it goes!

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

L2 Linker

PA-820 I know this is not the support preferred version so just to inform: 10.2.1 still the same "Last Hour" ACC works, all others not.

PA-440 on 10.2.1 works fine as the PA-x20's should do since months.

L3 Networker

It was working correctly for me for a very short time after updating to 10.2.0 on my PA220 but reverted to the hex encoded addresses.  I was hoping that 10.2.1 actually fixed it but it doesn't, not even for the "Last Hour" as suggested above.

As @laurence64  suggested above I think it's time we all open TAC cases for this to put a little pressure on them to fix it.  PA is obviously not reading these threads any more.

I think it depends on what country your Excel thinks it in but the semicolon in your formula needs to be a comma.  Also you have cell A52 in your formula, not A1.  Here is a little fix...:

=HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":",""),7,2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":",""),5,2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":",""),3,2)) & "." & HEX2DEC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":",""),1,2))

Also, I'm not sure how this Excel formula is going to handle a single digit Octet that isn't padded with a leading zero.

L1 Bithead

All I know is I feel naked (not a pretty sight) and not in control of my network with it operating like this.  I came from a WG background and have been very impressed so far with PA.  I am escalating through my reseller and am hopeful for a resolution quickly.  So far their support has been great for me.

• 104 replies
  • 9 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!