What specific info you need?

Regards

MP

MP
Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Re: Active/Passive vs. Active/Active

Hi @MP18,

I'm trying to understand the best option when putting 2 x PA NGFW's in Active/Passive, each with Vwire's between a Check Point 2-Node Active/Passive Cluster and 2 x L3 Switches.  My specific concern was how the Active PA NGFW would follow the Active Check Point Cluster Node in a fail-over event.  My concern quickly switched however when VSLS was enabled to make the Check Point Cluster Active/Active.  Now I am trying to understand the implications of PA Active/Active Vwire's in a failure scenario.

My backup plan is no HA with TCP syn check disabled and to be honest will most likely be the chosen option as we're in emergency response mode for this work.

Thanks

Ben

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!