Add OSPF Route Tags

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add OSPF Route Tags

L0 Member

Hi,

I need to amend my routemap redistribution filter to set a tag to the routes in my referenced prefix list.

My question is, when doing this on a live firewall, will this require OSPF to re-converge?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I havent tried this or use route tags. My experience has been to do it during a maintenance period or in a lab to try it out first. However the documentation is as follows:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClJTCA0

'Tag' or 'External Route Tag' is associated to an external route advertised by AS Boundary Routers that are routes to a destination external to the OSPF autonomous system. Tags are used in Type 5 AS-External-LSA or Type 7 NSSA-External-LSA if the ASBR belongs to a Not-So-Stubby Area. Tags are not used by the OSPF protocol. It provides information on external route management.

Since its not part of the protocol, it might not?

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 101 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!