Adding/deleting a route from a redistribution profile causes application drop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Adding/deleting a route from a redistribution profile causes application drop

L2 Linker

I have an issue where I have a redistribution profile configured.  We'll call it Redist_Profile_A and in there I have static routes that I'm advertising into BGP.  I create the static route, add it to the redistribution profile Redist_Profile_A, to my export route-map and when I go to commit the rule my application for Vendor B bounces.  I never lose BGP with Vendor B but the application bounces all the time.  Has anyone seen anything like this?  

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Wow, didn't read that before posting it.  Long story short.  I create a static route that needs to be advertised into BGP.  So I get the static route for Vendor A configured and then I add it to the Redistribution Profile.  My PA is BGP neighbor with a route-reflector and so I add the route/prefix to the export map and then commit the changes.  Vendor B has an application that never comes into touch with a redistibution profile but when I commit the route/prefix change (adding or deleting) it causes that application to bounce.  I have never lost my bgp neighbor with Vendor B.  The routing fib for that peer never shows a drop or change in topology and the bgp neighbor has been established for quite some time.  I know there's route convergence and I do have a ticket with PA TAC and Engineering is looking into it but me adding/deleting a route/prefix from a redistribution profile for Vendor A shouldn't cause application from Vendor B to bounce.  

Hey Johnsonto
I have the same issue, so I was wondering if the PA TAC team provide any updates about this issue.

Thank you. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!