Adding Routes via Windows

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Adding Routes via Windows

L1 Bithead

Hello, I'm attempting to add routes via cmd using the 'route' command but I'm encountering issues, none of my traffic is being passed by the gateway.

My intent is for a host (10.10.3.22 in this example) to egress out of R1 (10.10.3.250) to another network on 10.10.2.0. Checking my firewalls logs at R1 (10.10.3.250), I see no traffic even being taken by R1, from the time I changed my interfaces gateway from R1, to R2.

My gateway on my host (10.10.3.22) is set to R2 (10.10.3.254) and was statically assigned rather than by DHCP.

Is there a reason why R1 is not taking my traffic? Is it a AD security issue, or something else I may have overlooked?

p2.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for replying everyone, this is embarrassing to admit but after sitting down today, it was user error on my part. I had been using the management interface IP in my hurry and not the Gateway's IP address. Woops.
Thanks again for taking the time to try to diagnose this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello @snferguson 

What does "route print /4" show (when run on the windows PC)?

Hello @JoergSchuetter , this is the output of "route print /4"

Annotation 2020-07-27 132554.png

Hello,

Is R1 your PAN? If yes make sure your policies are set to log traffic and check the logs as to why the traffic is getting blocked. It could be just Security policies blocking you.

Regards,

Thanks for replying everyone, this is embarrassing to admit but after sitting down today, it was user error on my part. I had been using the management interface IP in my hurry and not the Gateway's IP address. Woops.
Thanks again for taking the time to try to diagnose this.

Hello,

Great that you figured it out! It happens to all of us.

Cheers!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!