Alarm Log Forwarding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Alarm Log Forwarding

L4 Transporter

Instead of seeing alarms when I login to the web GUI, how can I get alarms forwarded?  I'd like to send to SysLogs and also receive via email.

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

This can be done, there are limitations but for the most part you can tune and configure this using the following steps to start: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClGjCAK

I downloaded system logs to csv.  While I see when I manually cleared logs that were near capacity, I do not see any warnings about logs being full.  Do you happen to know the type, event, or description key word?  I looked at everything with log in the description, and didn't see it.

Not sure what those look like as I am not experiencing low disk issues atm but if you cannot set up a filter on anything in the logs (like this) 

shawnhafen_0-1590771815710.png

Then maybe you can set up an email alert in your SNMP monitoring solution (if you do not have one then you can get a free version of PRTG, or use LibreNMS which is free and supports PAN devices very well)

Thanks, I will take a look at PRTG.

I already am forwarding logs to two Syslog servers, but also didn't see the alarms there.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!