Any idea about 3rd party verisign certificate with GlobalProtect ?

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

You may be able to, but I don't know how to configure that.  We used AD CA certs, it was easier.  To sign individual certs with the purchased one, I don't think you can do that.

Highlighted
L2 Linker

Hello

How did you generate user certificates from AD?

Which template did you use?

Did you generate a Gateway Certificate too?

Thanks

Highlighted
L3 Networker

User certificates were created from Window's Server Cert Authority - we obtain user certs this way https://domaincontroller/certsrv since that is where our certificate authority is as the moment. If you are logged in with the user then they just simply walk through the process and it add's it to their machine.

I'm not sure I understand the Gateway cert question, we generated a third party cert and specified both in the portal / gateway this cert for our server cert. I also had to use our internal root cert to handle the user cert authentication.

L2 Linker

Hello

My question is about the type of certificate you have to issue as there are several templates on the Windows CA

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I believe all you need is a user certificate.  When going to the certsrv in a web browser, logging in with the user name/password - for us just generates a user certificate.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!