Any thoughts on how to whitelist Akamai IP ranges?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Any thoughts on how to whitelist Akamai IP ranges?

L1 Bithead

Hello Network,

Any thoughts on how to whitelist Akamai IP ranges? I am hoping to use MineMeld as the aggregator of the information.  We currently use it for AWS but I did not see a node built for Akamai.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

I don't have a recommendation on how to connec the dots, but I previously used their AS numbers to whitelist akamai's networks in BGP.  They do not seem to publish IP lists, but maybe you can start there and build a solution?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Scott_Fitzmaurice,

As @JoeAndreini mentioned gathering the ASN numbers is likely going to be the easiest way to build something like this out. However, may I ask why you are looking to whitelist all of their IPs in the first place? 

If you are simply hosting origins you should be able to get the actual CIDR blocks that they will be using to contact your origin using SiteShield and the LCC. 

If you are just looking to whitelist all Akamai traffic for some other reason the ASN numbers that you would need to do so is currently the following (assuming that you are located in the US, I don't keep track of other countries).

AS36183, AS35994, AS35993, AS30675, AS23455, AS23454, AS22207, AS20189, AS18717, AS18680, AS17334, AS16702, AS16625, AS12222

L0 Member

Im yet to search further as this was the first post I came across, however, keen to know if anyone using Akamai's site shield (SS) has a working method to update their SS IP Ranges ( and update permit ACL's ) between a Palo 3020 and their API........... 

Im no developer, I work in infrastructure and am familiar with some automation, but keen to hear of any success stories..

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!