Any way to remove the config/commit lock button in a custom admin role?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Any way to remove the config/commit lock button in a custom admin role?

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

I'm wanting to set up a "Monitoring and Reporting" only role on Panorama.  I've gone throughe and disabled commit/validate as well as all of the tabs except Dashboard, ACC, and Monitor.

The thing is I've noticed the commit/config lock button is still present and clickable.  Is there any way to remove this on accounts I want to be read-only and limited which shouldn't need the ability to do a lock?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

What PANos are you running; I don't believe my monitoring users can see these icons at all. 

Hi BPry,

I'm on 7.1.8 currently,  The Commit link itself is removed after I told the role I didn't want it to be able to commit or validate but the little lock icon is still there.

I figured I missed something in the role but I don't see anything else to remove or put at read only... the only stuff left I believe are the Dashboard, ACC, and Monitoring tabls along with their sub-items.

Thanks,

Jason Salmans

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!