Aperture working/basic, how aperture policy works

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Aperture working/basic, how aperture policy works

L2 Linker

I started with aperture and document mentioned "Aperture compares your user defined aperture policies to the data content and context to calculatre any policy violations"

I understood

Conext = data exposure

Content = Data patterns inside the acutal file

As palo alto stores only meta-data, how the policy is checked. Whether policies are sent to the customer SaaS application and scanned OR data pull/passed through apeture application and then scanned.

I am a firewall guy, my understanding is when traffic passes through the device we apply the policy. In this case its different, please share your knowledge, I couldn't understand what is "compare" with what..!!

thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RamBalaji,

The majority of integrations are performed by creating an account which can actively monitor user activity and actually view the file in question. So for example if you integrate with Dropbox you'll create an account for Aperature that has administrative priveleges, which allows Aperature to identify data in the actual file itself. 

While Aperature only stores the meta-data, it has access to the full file while it is scanning the document. It then monitors these files and the activity rules to determine if it violates any of your policies. 

I highly recommend fully reading the Admin guide or reaching out to your SE to get a better understanding of how Aperature functions. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RamBalaji,

The majority of integrations are performed by creating an account which can actively monitor user activity and actually view the file in question. So for example if you integrate with Dropbox you'll create an account for Aperature that has administrative priveleges, which allows Aperature to identify data in the actual file itself. 

While Aperature only stores the meta-data, it has access to the full file while it is scanning the document. It then monitors these files and the activity rules to determine if it violates any of your policies. 

I highly recommend fully reading the Admin guide or reaching out to your SE to get a better understanding of how Aperature functions. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!