Application and Threat Versions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application and Threat Versions

Not applicable

Hello-

I was wondering if there is a place on the portal to find out what the current available Application and Threat version is availble for download.  I use the dynamic updates option and look for a new version for the spyware and application and threat versions but I would like to know what version I should be on or when to expect to be on a particular version. I find that my PA500's are typically on a newer version than my 4050's - is this normal?  I also run a custom policy for the Application and Threat content so the updates are important to stay current but I would like to know when to expect the versions to be updated by the dynamic update.

Thanks,

Darcy

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Darcy,

Dynamic Updates are found in the "dynamic updates" portion of the support portal.

I have attached a screengrab of the right-side menu with the appropriate link circled in red.

-Benjamin

That tells me the release date of the update but when should I assume my PA's will actually download and run the updates?  I am still on 266-1120 on my 4050 cluster and 268-1130 on my 500's.  Both are set up to check for updates every day at 1:00am and download and install and sync to peer...  Is it normal to see the 4050's behind in version from the 500's which are behnd according to teh dynamic update link of what is available?

The dynamic updates are not platform specific and all of your devices should be staying in sync (assuming that they have the same download and install schedule).

It is possible that a hung download has blocked updates on your device. If you run the 'show jobs all' command do you see any "download" jobs in progress? If so you can manually clear any old/hung jobs (clear jobs id <job-id-number>) and then re-initiate the download and installation.

-Benjamin

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!