Application dependency behavior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application dependency behavior

L4 Transporter

Rule 1 blocks apps A & B

Rule 2 allows the same apps as they are included in an application filter, along with otyher apps.

Why do i see app dependency warning for the apps that are blocked by rule 1, & how can i resolve this.

Rule 1 allows apps A & B

Rule 2 allows there dependent apps. I still see warnings for app dependancy. Why?

I don't see these warnings when i combine both rules.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@raji_toor,

This would be expected behaviour with the situations you are mentioning, and they really aren't resolvable. 

Why do i see app dependency warning for the apps that are blocked by rule 1,

Because you should; it's a warning that the application may not work as intented because you are blocking one of the applications that it relies on.

how can i resolve this.

There really isn't a good way to supress this warning.

I still see warnings for app dependancy. Why?

The firewall is looking at the rulebase on an entry to entry level, not taking into account the rest of the rulebase. So you might have an entry that allows 'http-aduio' but doesn't include 'web-browsing' as you already allow that further up in the rulebase. While everything technically works just fine, you'll still get the warning. 

I don't see these warnings when i combine both rules.

This is due to the way the validation process runs. Since the entry includes all required pieces you don't have any dependancy issues. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!