Application ID's

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application ID's

L0 Member

Recently Cisco WebEx deployed a software update and it changed enough so the Palo Alto could NOT recognize the application ID as being webex, causing an impact to our client.  

So my question is, is there anyway to determine if a software update for any vendor will cause the application ID to NOT recognize the application after the update?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@skobel 

To check what impact of any application update by the vendor for that you can check Release Notes for the Applications under

Device

Dynamic updates.

This is for new application signature update by the Palo Alto.

In your case PA need to update their application signature to correctly identify the application.

Sometimes i have seen that we need to create PCAP and send to PA so that they can create application signature.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L2 Linker

There's always a chance that something will break with App-ID if a vendor changes things on their side as I'm pretty sure they don't ring each NGFW vendor and say here are the changes to our app, better modify your application signature.  

On occasion, PAN will be aware of the changes and will make a note of upcoming changes in the weekly release notes. If you don't receive the release notes via email I'd suggest you add them to your profile as they can help minimise App-ID related issues, provided you keep tabs on documented changes.

Hello,

Also make sure your PAN;s are performing dynamic updates on a regular basis. This helps make sure that when the new app id's are released, the PAN will install them automatically.

Just make sure to put timers on them so they dont install immediately encase there is a issue with one, rare but does happen:

OtakarKlier_0-1602099781658.png

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!