application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

application

L0 Member

Guys, good afternoon.

I have a very confusing problem, I try to access a certain "HTTP" site and I get an error (It is not possible to access that site), we perform a test outside our network and the access is done normally.

Analyzing the LOGS, I found that we received the incomplete action.

Lucaaslr_0-1620677681082.png

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Incomplete means 3 way handshake didn't complete.

How many packets sent/received? Usually this is when a SYN is sent but the other side isn't listening or a reply isn't getting back.

Are you sure it's matching the right NAT rule?

What is the session end reason?

Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Strata

L2 Linker

Hello, @Lucaaslr 

If you see an "Application" as "incomplete", it means that the 3-way handshake did not finish.

• If you are using a rule-based on "app-id" verify the permission that it has. Above all, the "dns" and "web-browsing" apps.
  • If you have URL Filtering, I recommend checking the URL Filtering logs for the source IP. In order to know if the URL was blocked. Perhaps, this is not the issue, because is cleartext. If the traffic is cleartext you will see a warning from the firewall in the browser.

If you can give more details of the issue, it could help.

Hope it helps

Regards,

I

Hi @Lucaaslr ,

Expand log entry details by clicking on the magnifying glass on the very left.

- Check if you have NAT applied on the source address

- Check if you have bytes sent and bytes received (the incomplete indicates TCP hadnshake is not completed, so I assume received would be zero)

- If your nat is correct you should run basic network check to see if you have proper routing

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!