Apps & Threats version 8434-6840 fails to install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Apps & Threats version 8434-6840 fails to install

L1 Bithead

Hi 

I've had 2 separate NGFW's fail to install Apps & Threats DB version 8434-6840 with this message:

• Error: Application group 'Wifi_Allowed_Apps' member 'visual-studio-live-share-direct' does not exist
  • Error: This content install has failed because app 'visual-studio-live-share-direct' has been removed in content version 8434-6840. To successfully install content version 8434-6840 please remove app 'visual-studio-live-share-direct' from any security policy where it is configured.
  • Error: Failed to parse security policy
  • (Module: device)
  • Commit failed

However the listed App is not in use and is not in the database even. I did narrow this down to the app container ms-office365 - If I remove it from my policy I can install the apps DB update, if I add it again, commit fails. If I roll back to 8433 it works fine again.

Anyone got more info about this and how to fix this?

Thanks,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ShaiW,

PAN has released a new content update that addresses the visual-studio-live-share issue. Testing on my LAB equipment verifies that the patch is working. 

• With this content update, we addressed issues related to the visual-studio-live-share App-ID and the ms-office365 App-ID container that some customers experienced after updating to content release version 8434 (see this page for the details).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ShaiW,

I'm actually surprised to see the update still published since this was identified almost immediately upon its release on Friday. If you're using the ms-office365 container in your security rulebase I would just hang out and wait for an updated release or for PAN to actually pull 8434.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ShaiW,

PAN has released a new content update that addresses the visual-studio-live-share issue. Testing on my LAB equipment verifies that the patch is working. 

• With this content update, we addressed issues related to the visual-studio-live-share App-ID and the ms-office365 App-ID container that some customers experienced after updating to content release version 8434 (see this page for the details).

L1 Bithead

Thank you @BPry  this explains why only 2 out of 5 NGFW had this issue.

Shai

Shai,

The issue happens if you have the ms-office365 application referenced in your security policy.

visual-studio-live-share-direct comes under ms-office365

-Nasi. 

Thanks, I know that. I had to revert to an older apps DB because I could not remove the ms-office365 app container.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!