Assistance: my palo is not accessible.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L1 Bithead

I n is happening more access to my palo, after having placed in demo for a client, only the power LED lights.
I try dy by console access and management, but it did nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

je n est arrive plus à accéder a mon palo ,après l avoir placé en demo  chez un client.

seul le led power s'allume.

je essai d y accéder par console  et management ,mais ça n'a rien donné.

10 REPLIES 10

L7 Applicator

If console is not responsive with serial cable settings: 9600 8-N-1, contact Palo Alto Networks support for an RMA.

Mariano.

L6 Presenter

Hi Camagate,

Please physically power down PAN, it means remove power cord and re-insert. Check if it works.

EDIT:Following step is only applicable to devices like PA-2020/PA-5k , where HDD is external. Do not perform it on devices with internal HDD.

If not, reseat the HDD, physically power down and try again.

If that doesnt work then check console settings like BAUD RATE=9600, still doesnt work. Then its an RMA

Regards,

Hardik Shah

thank you,

I have doing step 1 without success.
but for the second how I could reinstall the HDD.

I would not open the case to reseat the HDD as this may invalidate your support agreement.

If you have removed and reinserted the power cable and you are still not able to get a response on the serial port using 9600 8-N-1, please contact PAN for RMA.

EDIT : If its a external drive [like PA-2020/PA5k], then do reseat. Do not perform this steps for devices with internal drives.

Moreover its a valid troubleshooting step.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

hshah are you speaking with the authority of someone who works for Palo Alto Networks or are you just some random forum customer?

I am from PAN TAC.

Hello ericgearhart,

If you open the case to reset the HDD, it would definitely invalidate your support agreement. So, please open a case with support. They will guide you.

Thanks

More reasons why we should know who is a Palo Alto support employee and speaking with that authority.

But even with that designation breaking the seals to open devices is something no manufacture supports.  With Palo Alto especially there are very few field installed parts.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L1 Bithead

thank you this is resolved,
but the problem is in the charger, I noticed that there's a flintlock it when I connect to the source of alimentattion.
the current does not happen normally.
thank you all.

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!