Attention : GlobalProtect attempts to create a VPN connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Attention : GlobalProtect attempts to create a VPN connection

L2 Linker

Hi there,

Maybe this question is more relevant to designers of Android Operating System, but I will try with Palo Alto first.

I've got Nexus 5 Phone, and Android KitKat 4.4

I would like to make Android Phone to connect automatically to VPN and I managed to make single sign-on in a way that I don't have to put my user name and password.

However, the phone still doesn't connect without my interaction.

Every time I reboot the phone, or Global Protect stays off-line for too long I get a message:

"Attention

Global Protect attempts to create a VPN connection.

By Proceeding, you are giving the application permission to intercept all network traffic.

Do NOT accept unless you trust the application. Otherwise you run the risk of having your data compromised by malicious software.

"check box" I trust this application.

Cancel / OK"

Is the any way Android Device  / Global Protect / Palo alto can be configured to trust the app ?

Thanks in advance,

Mariusz

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

I had the same behavior on Sony Xperia with Android 4.2 last holidays, Now I haven't GP installed on my smartphone.

Regards

Slawek

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!