Authentication issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Authentication issue

L4 Transporter

i have recently upgrade my firewall from 8.1.16 h3 to 8.1.13 h3. When the user connected with Global protect after  sometime user is unable to access the application infect global protect  show it's connected. when i saw in monitoring traffic it's show user domain have change the name from abc\abc to abc.com\abc. when i disconnect the GP and again connect every thing is working fine but after couple of minute same issue again happens.   Once i change the in security policy  of user any and give the  specific GP ip every ting is working fine. so the issue is with Authentication profile.As we have 2 different domain (abc\abc located in XYZ) and other (abc.com\abc located in BCD).Iam using the User-id agent. Please suggest me how can i specific both domain in authentication profile.So that if the Domain will change but the connectivity will still connected. Previously i have add one on domain but it's working for both domain.

i have 3220 GP agent is 5.1.3

Joshan_Lakhani_0-1595245686648.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

After the  upgrade the User-ID-Agent as there was a bug related to normalizing usernames correctly due to a domain map and fixed in 8.1.4  version. After the issue has been resolved

Bug-ID: WINAGENT-391

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-1/user-id-agent-release-notes/user-id-agent-8-1-release-i...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

i have set the primary sAMAccountName and alternate username as userPrincipalName

As iam using UIA 8.1.1-77 

Is it bug in user id agent 

After the  upgrade the User-ID-Agent as there was a bug related to normalizing usernames correctly due to a domain map and fixed in 8.1.4  version. After the issue has been resolved

Bug-ID: WINAGENT-391

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/8-1/user-id-agent-release-notes/user-id-agent-8-1-release-i...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!