Best Solution for New Design

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Best Solution for New Design

L1 Bithead

Dears,

first time for me write in PaloAlto forum I hope to find my answer here.

first, we have purchased PaloAlto 3020, and need the best design for the network securityز

My network content "1" switch L3 and "2" switches L2 

and we have VLANs  for users and voice and guest and printers

and also we have WIFI for staff and WIFI for the guest and every WIFI have VLAN tags, the staff user has an account on Active Directory and authenticate from Radius Server

The guest can access the internet through Cisco AP internal Radius through 

ok now we will implement the PaloAlto, what is the best design for User staff and the guest and BYOD?

and it will be a difference between the wifi and wired connection in the police? or the same policy will be applied on wifi will be applied on the Cable connection?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

There are many different ways to implement a secure solution. Perhaps it would help if you can answer the following:

1. How are the devices connected now, physically and logically.
  2. Where do the current vlans terminate, on the L3 switch?

By getting to know your current network layout a bit, will help us suggest a layout that incorporates the PAN. No reason to rebuild everything if you dont have to.

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!